Where We Fit
- The Museum Park Neighborhood Association (MPNA) is an organization connecting and serving the residents of an area primarily bound by Hermann Park, Main Street, Alabama Street, and Highway 288. MPNA elects three representatives annually to serve on the Museum Park Super Neighborhood (MPSN) Council.
- The Museum Park Super Neighborhood (MPSN) is an organization bridging communication and community projects between the entities that serve Museum Park: Representatives from MPNA, the Museum District, South Main Alliance, Hermann Park Conservancy, Miller Outdoor Theatre, hospitals, schools, churches, and businesses all sit on the MPSN Council. The MPSN is primarily bounded by US 59 to the north, Almeda Road Corridor to the east, Hermann Park to the south, and Main St.Corridor to the west. As a representative group the stakeholders of Museum Park can more effectively interact with the City of Houston, the Greater Southeast Management District, the OST Almeda TIRZ, as well as other governmental agencies.
- The Super Neighborhoods Alliance is an organization comprised of the Presidents or Chairs of Super Neighborhood Councils and serves as a formal advisory board to the Mayor and city government on community matters.
- The Houston Southeast Management District was created to promote, develop, encourage and maintain employment, commerce, transportation, housing, recreation, arts, entertainment, economic development, safety, and the public welfare in the Southeast area. The District, created in 2001 by the Texas Legislature. is bounded by Interstate 45 and U.S. 59 to the north, Main Street to the west, and North MacGregor and Griggs Road to the south. It is approximately 30.31 square miles, 19,400 acres, 93,896,376 square yards, and 845,064,000 square feet. Museum Park falls within the boundaries of GSMD.
- OST-Almeda Corridors Tax Increment Reinvestment Zone (TIRZ) supports redevelopment and community improvement projects primarily along the Almeda, Old Spanish Trail and Griggs corridors and in the Upper Third Ward area. OST-Almeda TIRZ includes a portion of the Museum Park Neighborhood.
For more information Where We Fit PP